Wall Street Journal Universal App for Windows 10 now in Windows Store
One of the most popular business-related magazines in the world, Wall Street Journal, released its new app for Windows 10 devices. The old Wall Street app has been previously available for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1, but it was a little lackluster. The new version of the app is designed to work across all Windows 10 devices, and is much better designed than its predecessor.
The Wall Street Journal app for Windows 10 offers a great digital experience, with real magazine-like layout. It features full screen photo slideshow, with video along. The functionality has also been improved, as the loading time is faster, and navigation through pages is better.
If you’re not a subscriber to Wall Street Journal, you’ll be able to read and download a certain amount of stories for free, and without ads, but if you want to access the full range of content, you’ll have to subscribe to the magazine.
Wall Street Universal App for Windows 10 Features
The most important features of the Wall Street Journal Windows 10 app are:
- Content from all sections of the magazine – Most Popular, Opinion, World News, US News, Politics, Economy, Business, Tech, Markets, Arts, Life, Real Estate, Personal Journal and C-Suite
- Free content from WSJ for all users
- Premium content accessible via your WSJ.com subscription
- Inline videos, slideshows, and photos
- The ability to share articles
- Live tile support – you can pin your favorite sections and articles to the home screen.
- Download any section or article for offline viewing
- Multiple regions editions – US, Europe, Asia, Korea, Japan
The app works smooth on all Windows 10 devices, but since it features articles and other readable content, it operates better on larger screens (PCs and tablets). The article is ‘locked’ to a single column in the middle of the screen, and you don’t have an option to handle the text. The app, of course, works great on mobile devices, as well, but a future update which improves text handling won’t be bad.
If you want to download the Wall Street Journal app, you can do it from Windows Store for free.
Windows 10 is a great operating system, but some users have complained that their PC is getting locked automatically. This isn’t a bug or an […]
You don’t need to buy a specialized keyboard in order to type in Chinese characters on your Windows 10 PC. You can simply use the […]