Wallet Pass opens compatibility for Microsoft’s wallet app
We live in times where everything is undergoing a tech makeover, and paying for things isn’t excluded from the list. More and more companies are starting to develop services that allow people to pay at stores or various locations directly with their phones.
Microsoft is no different. The tech giant behind the Windows operating system has its own mobile payment app, but the Wallet app was ultimately found lacking. The main aspect that needed to be addressed was its lack of compatibility for the passbook file type. Passbook extensions are the most likely to be run into at the moment and not having this compatibility made Microsoft’s Wallet app outdated
There is good news, however, for Windows Phone users that were also trying to get into the new habit of using mobile payment solutions. Microsoft is pushing out an update that brings new changes to a revamped Wallet app. The new iteration is called Wallet Pass and it includes various new implementations including the much-desired passbook compatibility.
It also includes various cross-platform capabilities such as syncing passbook files from a computer, which makes it even easier to manage. Let’s take a look at what other changes users can expect from the updated Wallet app, now Wallet Pass.
- Passbooks can have their very own live tile pinned in the Start screen;
- Automatic updates;
- Internet-File Explorer file transfer capabilities for .pkpass files;
- PIN security for better file protection;
- Better management resources for passbooks;
- Passbook notifications integration with Action Centre;
- Passbook map location integration with Nokia Here;
- Full passbook integration into the revamped app.
All these features and some others will be available in the new Wallet Pass app that is very likely to have a considerable impact on the mobile payment market.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Top 5 Windows 10 Password Managers to Use
- MasterCard’s Masterpass is now integrated with Microsoft Wallet
- Microsoft revamps Wallet on Windows 10 Mobile, hopes to make it more popular
Firefox has announced that it will start to warn users if they visit any breached sites. This is in an attempt to not only make […]
Oh dear. It’s been a pretty bad month for Microsoft concerning its Windows 10 October 1809 Update release. Microsoft eventually released the update a couple […]
Yesterday, Microsoft released Visual Studio 15.9. With it came the announcement that “developers now have the officially supported SDK and tools for creating 64-bit ARM […]