- Have you received the following message: Warning visiting this website may harm your computer?
- In this case, you may scan your system, reinstall the browser, or apply other solutions from below.
- Visit this Windows 10 issues section as well to see that such issues can always be solved with ease.
- Also, take a closer look at our Chrome Troubleshooting Hub in order to find plenty of other tricks.
5. Ignore the message and proceed to the website
- On the warning screen locate the URL that you’re trying to visit and copy it and try to open it in the new tab. Alternatively, some users are suggesting to visit to highlight the URL, right-click it, and choose Open in new tab.
- You should now see a different screen. Click Details and then click visit the unsafe site link.
Many users get worried when they see the Warning visiting this website may harm your computer message on their screen and rightfully so.
However, sometimes this message can appear on a familiar website that you frequently visit.
If you get this message, you might be able to ignore it and just visit the website. To do that, follow the above procedure.
After doing that, you should be able to visit the website without any problems.
Keep in mind that this warning message is there for a reason, but if this message appears while trying to visit a familiar and safe website, you might be able to avoid it using this method.
If this method doesn’t work, you can always disable the Safe Browsing feature in your browser and that should fix the problem for you.
6. Switch to a different browser
If the Warning visiting this website may harm your computer message keeps appearing on familiar websites, the problem might be your browser.
If that’s the case, consider switching temporarily to a different browser until you manage to fix the problem.
You can use Microsoft Edge since it comes with Windows 10, but you can use other browsers such as Firefox or Opera.
Bear in mind that these browsers might have a similar feature available, so they might also block this website.
7. Make sure that your browser is up to date
Warning visiting this website may harm your computer message can appear if your browser is out of date. An outdated browser can encounter various issues, therefore it’s important that you keep it up to date at all times.
Most browsers download the latest updates automatically, but sometimes you might skip a couple of updates. However, you can always check for updates manually.
To do that, open the browser’s menu in the top right corner and choose Help > About.
From there you should be able to see the current version that you’re using, and the browser will automatically check for updates. Once the updates are installed, check if this problem is still there.
Bear in mind that this process might be slightly different on your browser, but you should be able to figure it out on your own.
Removing these files by hand can be quite tedious, therefore it’s better to use uninstaller software that will remove the desired application along with all of its files.
Once you remove your browser, install it again and check if that solves your problem.
Warning visiting this website may harm your computer usually appears before you try to access a malicious website.
However, sometimes this message can appear on trusted and reliable websites, and if that happens, be sure to try some of our solutions and see if that solves your problem.
This issue can be quite annoying, and speaking of that, users reported the following problems as well:
- Visiting this website may harm your computer Firefox – This message can appear in any browser, and if you encounter it, perhaps it would be a good idea to scan your PC for malware.
- This site may harm your computer Firefox – According to users, this message is caused by the Safe Browsing feature, and in order to stop it from appearing, just disable this feature in your browser.
- Google malicious website warning – Sometimes you might get this warning message in Chrome. If that happens, simply choose the option to ignore it.
- Warning the website contains malware. Visiting this site may harm your computer – This message can appear due to numerous reasons, but you should be able to fix it using our solutions.