Here’s why delaying Watch Dogs 2 PC release was a good decision
Watch Dogs 2 is now available on the Xbox One console, but PC fans of the game need to wait a bit longer until they can get their hands on it. The PC release date of Watch Dogs 2 is November 29, and already many gamers criticize Ubisoft’s decision to postpone the launch.
Actually, delaying the Watch Dogs 2 release was a very good decision. In this manner, the game’s developers have extra-time at their disposal to patch as many bugs as possible and offer a smooth gaming experience when the game becomes available.
If you take a look at all the technical issues reported by Xbox One users, you’ll actually thank Ubisoft for taking more time to polish the game. However, this doesn’t mean that the PC version of Watch Dogs 2 will be bug-free. Bugs such as game crashes, stuttering or FPS issues will still affect some players. It is very difficult for developers to test their games on all the PC configurations currently available.
I shouldn’t have to check every 5 minutes if they change the release date. They need to email every person who payed for the game “it’s going to have a delay of 2 weeks”. Not making me have to check if a game is going to false advertise the release date and change it. They need to have all this done before. Every other game has had it done.
Also, the Watch Dogs 2 PC release was delayed so that Ubisoft can add or polish the following features:
- 4K support
- Stuttering/lag framerate optimization. All controls are much more responsive and less framerate-related.
- No FPS cap
- Multiple save files support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots, for three separate playthroughs
- Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD
- Extra Details Options – increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
- Full controls and UI adaptation for mouse and keyboard
- Raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
- Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
- Mouse-centric UI – any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
- Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (Aim, Sprint, Walk, Inventory, etc.)
- Gamepad support.
For more information about these PC improvements, check out Ubisoft’s post.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Silence is an emotional fantasy game you shouldn’t miss
- Battlefield 1 Fall Patch: download it now to improve game performance
- Neo Geo games to be released for Windows 10 and Xbox One
Windows is a complicated operating system, but it is complicated only because of how much customizable it is in terms of its behavior. You can […]
Microsoft scheduled major maintenance works for Xbox Live on February, 19 but the effects are still visible today. The maintenance was scheduled between 2:00PM UTC and 6:00PM […]