Waze is popular direction and traffic map app that saves time by showing real-time traffic and alerting the users about the potential blockade. Sometimes, the voice direction feature may not work resulting in Waze audio not working issues.
Many users have reported similar issues with their iOS and Android devices in the Reddit community.
I just got the iPhone 6s. Voice navigation was working fine on the iPhone 5 that I used before. Now there is no voice whatsoever. Sound settings is on. It’s set to Bluetooth. Nothing!!! No sound!!
I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No fix.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to fix the Waze audio not working glitch.
How do I fix Waze audio not working issues?
1. Unmute Waze during calls
- If you have disabled sound and voice during voice calls, it can create issues with the Waze audio. Try to enable the option and check for any improvements.
- Open the Waze app on your phone.
- Tap on Setting and select Sound and Voice.
- Make sure the option “Mute Waze during calls” option is turned off.
- Relaunch the Waze app and check for audio improvements.
If the issue persists, make sure the volume is at maximum on your phone. Now open a video player and play any video from the gallery. Adjust the volume again and check for any improvements.
2. Check the mute button
- Another common reason for Waze not audible issue is that you may have accidentally muted the voice in the Waze app.
- Open the Waze app, tap on Settings.
- From the left top corner, tap on the Mute button to unmute it.
- Also, make sure that you have set the navigations to full.
3. Try older version of Waze
- If the issue started to occur after updating Waze to the newer version, try an older version of the app.
- Doing so you can resolve the issue temporarily until the bug is fixed in the new app.
- Android users can download the older version of the app apk from third-party sites like apkpure.
- Make sure you have enabled Install from unknown sources option in the Developer Options before installing the app using apk.
4. Uninstall and reinstall Waze
- If the issue persists, try to uninstall the Waze app. Reinstalling the app will fix any file corruption that is creating issues with the app.
- From the home screen, tap and hold on the Waze app icon.
- Choose Uninstall from the option and then tap on Yes to confirm the action.
- Restart the phone after you have uninstalled the app.
- Open PlayStore and install the latest version of Waze.s
- Log in and check if the Waze audio not working issue is resolved.
The Waze sound issues usually occur due to incorrect configuration or software glitch. Follow the steps in this article one by one to fix the issue on your device.
Do let us know which method helped you resolve the issue in the comments.