For the daily commuters, Waze offers excellent features to save time by offering directions and updates on traffic. However, sometimes you encounter Waze unable to connect to GPS issues in Android and iOS devices.
This issue can occur due to several reasons including app as well as smartphone issues. Several Waze users have reported this issue in the Reddit Community forum.
In the US on an iPhone.
Network settings reset Location settings off, phone reset, back on Location settings reset Check GPS is working with Google & Apple Maps Signed out of Waze & logged back in
Waze app still won’t / can’t find GPS
Follow this article to fix Waze not able to connect to GPS issues in your smartphone.
How do I fix Waze not able to connect to GPS?
1. Disable Cellular Network
- One solution that seems to have worked for other users is to disable the Cellular Network preference in the settings and restart the phone.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap on Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
- Disable 4G or LTE option that you have in the settings.
- Restart your iPhone.
- After the restart, launch Waze and check if the GPS is working.
- Make sure you enable the cellular network from the settings.
- From the Home Screen, tap on Settings.
- Go to Wireless and Network and tap on SIM Card and Mobile Networks.
- Disable the VoLTE option.
- Tap on your network provider name and change the Preferred network to 2G/3G.
- Restart the phone and launch Waze. Check if the issue is resolved.
- Also, enable VoLTE option along with the preferred network back.
2. Clear app cache data
- If the issue persists, try clearing the cache data.
- From the home screen, tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to Apps.
- Tap on Manage Apps and wait for the apps list to load.
- Locate and tap on Waze.
- At the bottom of the page, tap on Clear Data.
- Choose Clear Cache and tap on Yes to confirm the action.
- Tap on Force Close and select Yes to confirm the action.
3. Reinstall Waze app
- If nothing seems working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- From the home screen, tap and hold on the Waze app icon.
- Select Uninstall from the options.
- Tap on Yes to confirm the action.
- Once the app is uninstalled, restart the phone. It is important to restart the phone. Installing the app without restarting the phone did not work in our taste.
- Open the Play Store and install the Waze app.
- Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
If the Waze issue only occurs while using it with the CarPlay, then disable CarPlay and try again. You can disable CarPlay from Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> CarPlay -> toggle off.
This is due to Apple blocking third-party apps from accessing GPS while using CarPlay.
By following the steps in this article you can fix the Waze unable to connect to GPS issues in your Android and iOS devices.