Not a day goes by without receiving a new update for Android devices, but WhatsApp is also available on iOS, Windows 10 and a few months ago, a version for Desktop made its debut. Previously, users needed to visit web.whatsapp.com (from one of the supported browsers) and in order to log into their accounts they had to scan the QR code from the page using their phone’s camera.
WhatsApp Desktop is a standalone application, but users can’t access their accounts without scanning the QR code and most likely, this method won’t change any time soon. However, at least the Desktop version is getting new updates and today we’ll talk about version 0.2.2234.
According to the changelog, version 0.2.2234 of WhatsApp Desktop comes with:
- New emoji;
- The ability to browse shared images;
- A new button that’s used to select and share animated gifs;
- Search within chat;
- UI improvements.
Users should receive the update automatically, but if they wait for too long and the update still doesn’t show up, they should go to C:\Windows\Users\* username * \AppData\Local\WhatsApp and run Update.exe.
The WhatsApp installer can be found on the official website, in case you’re thinking about getting the application on your desktop. There are many advantages of using a computer to chat on WhatsApp and we’ll refer to the possibility to writing messages using a real keyboard, instead of a tiny virtual keyboard. The desktop version of WhatsApp has been well-matched with the computer configuration and it’s very easy to install, as you just need to click on the My apps Icon.
WhatsApp Desktop is available for both Windows and Mac OS and it offers many keyboard shortcuts, such as:
- CTRL + E to archive chat
- CTRL + SHIFT + M to mute Chat
- CTRL + SHIFT + U to mark as Unread
- CTRL + Backspace to delete chat
- CTRL + F to search chat
- CTRL + N to start new chat
- CTRL + SHIFT + N to start new group chat.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Data exchance between Facebook and WhatsApp banned in one European country
- You can backup your WhatsApp files to OneDrive
- WhatsApp app will be installed on Windows 10 PCs and Mac OS X