WhatsApp for Windows 10 Mobile Gets Voice Calls
WhatsApp is the world’s most used free messaging app and millions of users are on the Windows mobile platform, as well. Now a very important update has been released for WhatsApp users bringing the voice calling feature.
Windows 10 Mobile hasn’t yet been officially released, so smartphones running windows are still ‘Windows Phone’ devices, but this is soon going to change. So, as we are moving faster and faster towards the release date, more apps are being updated with the final tidbits to make them ready.
This is the case with WhatsApp for Windows 10 Mobile, as well, which has been updated with a very important feature that’s been available on iOS and Android for quite a while now – voice calls. The updated features list now includes the ability to make voice calls to your contacts list. Here’s how the full changelog sounds like for the Windows Phone version:
- Mark chats as unread or read
- Added several new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose different color
- You can select multiple messages in chat and forward or delete them
- When you receive a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they’re on WhatsApp
- Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
- You can now enable or disable sound and vibrate for in-app notifications
- Choose a ringtone for WhatsApp Calls
Besides this update, WhatsApp is also being revamped to work on Microsoft’s new Edge web browser on Windows 10, as well. Are you excited that you will be able to make voice calls on your Windows 10 Mobile smartphone? Leave your comment below and let us know.
READ ALSO: Fix: Cannot Activate Cortana in Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]