If you want to analyze your WiFi connection on your Windows 10 machine, probably the best tool for that is WiFi Commander. This app allows you to scan, filter and sort all nearby WiFi networks, and provide you with the info about real-time signal strength in dBm, so you can find the most quality WiFi network around. With even further analysis, you can find out all hardware info about the router you’re connecting to, like the manufacturer name, and MAC address.
WiFi Commander Allows You to Control and Find All Info About your WiFi Connection
Here are the most important features of WiFi Commander for Windows 10:
- Scan the space around you for any Wi-Fi networks
- Filter, sort and group available networks
- Determine specific access point with the strongest signal
- Switch between different networks instantly
- View detailed information about specific Wi-Fi access point like vendor name, security and authentication, MAC address (BSSID) and many more
- See all Wi-Fi Direct™ capable devices
- Find less used channel for your own router
- Monitor signal level for critical access points continuously
- Choose between dark and light themes for your preference
Unfortunately, this app isn’t available for free, as you need to pay $2.49 to buy it, but if you want all this info about your WiFi networks, it is worth the price. The app works equally well on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, and if you’re not sure if you should by it, you can always try the trial mode, first.
Since we’re talking about WiFi networks, in case you have any problems with WiFi connection on your Windows 10 PC, check out this article, and you might find the solution. Also, if you’re experiencing problems with WiFi on your Surface Pro device, check out this article.