Windows 10 Anniversary Update comes to HoloLens
Windows 10 Anniversary Update is here, and not only for PCs. HoloLens owners are also getting in on the fun as well, something that comes as a surprise because we expected HoloLens to be updated at a later date.
Microsoft elaborated about the update via a recent blog post and all the new features it has to offer. It’s quite refreshing, and as expected, these features are targeted firmly to those in business and the enterprise. After all, Microsoft is not yet ready to aim for the consumer market seeing as HoloLens is far from ready for prime-time.
Here’s a rundown of some of the new features available for HoloLens via the Windows 10 Anniversary Update:
- Kiosk mode With HoloLens kiosk mode, you can limit which apps to run to enable demo or showcase experiences.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens Your IT department can manage multiple HoloLens devices simultaneously using solutions like Microsoft InTune. You will be able to manage settings, select apps to install and set security configurations tailored to your organization’s need.
- Identity Azure Active Directory & next generation credentials with pin unlock.
- Windows Update for Business Controlled operating system updates to devices and support for long term servicing branch.
- Data security BitLocker data encryption and secure boot is enabled on HoloLens to provide the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
- Work access Anyone in your organization can remotely connect to the corporate network through a virtual private network on a HoloLens. HoloLens can also access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
- Windows Store for Business Your IT department can also set up an enterprise private store, containing only your company’s apps for your specific HoloLens usage. Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected group of enterprise users.
Microsoft also released a video detailing a small amount of the new features one should expect from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Pokemon GO paving the way for HoloLens; success?
- An Enterprise Edition HoloLens? Microsoft explains
- Niantic’s Pokemon Go could come to HoloLens
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]