Windows 10 Build 10586 Issues Reported: Skype, Insider Hub and Reboot Loops on Mobile
Microsoft has announced the new Windows 10 Preview build yesterday! The most recent Windows 10 build goes by the number of 10586, and it will be the first time the build of the same number arrived on both PC and Windows 10 Mobile. The build is mainly focused on bug fixes and improvements, but it has some of its own issues.
And just like we did with the previous Windows 10 Preview build, we’re here to report you about all known issues in the Windows 10 10586 build, so you can know what to expect from the latest release. Issues are present on both PC and Windows Phone devices, and you can check them out below. We are continuously updating this article, so leave your comments, as well, and we will make sure to add them inside the article.
Windows 10 Build 10586 Issues on PC
Build 10586 for PCs doesn’t come with any major bugs, which is great news for all testers. However, there are some minor bugs in Skype and Insider Hub apps:
- When you finish upgrading from your previous Preview build to 10586, Skype messages and contacts will disappear from the Messaging + Skype app. Luckily, there’s a workaround for this issue, as you can get them back by navigating to: “C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache” in File Explorer, and deleting or renaming “PrivateTransportId” file. After deleting this file, go to Skype video app, sign out, and sign back in, and you’ll receive your contacts back
- The Insider hub may also disappear. To get this feature back, go to Settings > System > Apps & features > Manage optional features, choose Add a feature, and select Insider Hub.
- There have been voices suggesting that this current build takes quite a long while to download and install
- Each new build resets my wish to ignore Windows Firewall warnings
- Build 10586 is installing and it essentially hogs all the bandwith and I am unable to connect to the internet on my home network
- The update in the Dell Venue 8 Pro Series 3000 hangs at 40%
- After this update last night, I lost the dual boot option
- Many users report a strange “disksnapshot.exe” windows appearing
- Build 10586 is unstable on ASUS T100 TAM
- Build 10586 causes error 0x80240031
- Problems with Slovenian Language Pack in Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10586
- When trying to install the build, error 0x80070005 appears
- I cannot upgrade from 10565 to 10586 because everytime i try to upgrade. I am thrown back to Blue screen of death saying that your pc ran into a problem. “http://wind8apps.com/page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-windows-10/“
- Unable to open Insiders Club after 10586
- Build 10586 AMD display driver locks up
- Core apps missing on Build 10586
- Surface 3 start menu does not work on build 10586, nor on previous build
- My pc’s on home network are not being seen by windows 10 build 10586
- Build 10586 Soundcard Driver Issue
A couple of users have been reporting that today’s new build does not have a watermark in the lower right of the desktop, as well. Some Chinese users have been saying that there are problems with fonts, as well. Among others, the annoying ‘GWindows can’t stop your ‘Generic volume’ device because a program is still using iteneric volume’ has been fixed.
Windows 10 Build 10586 Issues on Windows 10 Mobile
As for Windows 10 Mobile, many experts believe that build 10586 will be the RTM build of Windows 10 Mobile, therefore it should be stable, smooth, and bug-free. But, as some sources from China claim, this build isn’t without problems.
Reportedly, the main problem of build 10586 for Windows 10 Mobile are reboot loop issues on hard reset. But besides that, testers didn’t find any major other problem in this build, which is very encouraging. Moreover, they report that this build is the most stable Windows 10 Mobile build so far. And if rumors are true, and Microsoft really plans to release Windows 10 Mobile on November 12th, they still have about a week to fix all minor issues.
We can say that Microsoft surprised us with alleged announcements about the release of Windows 10 Mobile on November 12th, instead of ‘sometime in December,’ as said previously. So, you can tell us in the comments, are you excited about the fact that Windows 10 Mobile comes even before you thought?
While the winter arrives with the joy of Christmas, it also brings the freezing weather along. Of course, there’s the fireplace to warm you up, […]
Recent comments on Reddit would suggest that Microsoft is still not playing the game when it comes to collecting data on its users. This is […]
So, you’re still looking for a nice Christmas present for your best friend? Well, if he/she is also a dog lover, look no further. In […]