Windows 10 Build 14271 Problems Keep Piling Up, Plenty Already Reported
It’s been quite a while since build 14271 has been released, and ever since, there have been plenty of issues reported by Insiders. Obviously, this is something normal and expected to happen, but it’s always ‘fun’ to compile the annoying troubles plaguing Window 10 users.
Due to MWC, we weren’t able to cover this build as we should, but now we’re here back to our normal schedule and there’s plenty to talk about. So, here are just a couple of the problems we were able to find. As always, feel free to use the comments are to add some more of your own or report about issues which have been fixed.
Windows 10 build 14271 issues
- User ‘SteffenNye’ says that since installing his build, he has poor playback quality on his Surface Pro 3 and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.
- Another user says that Windows Update is failing when updating from 10586.104 to 14271, giving error code 0000225
- A couple of users complain that after installing build 14271, they cannot download games from the Windows Store anymore
- Naturally, BSODs are to be expected, and according to users, in 14271, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal netio.sys is among the most spread ones.
- User ‘BCBowei Chen’ say that when he tried to update to 14267, he got a bluescreen with the system thread exception not handled and then the multiple irp complete request bug. We already have a guide on how to fix ‘SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED’ error both in Windows 10 and other Windows versions. As for MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUEST, we’ve seen this error being reported a lot in 14267, as well.
- Of course, probably the most spread bug is when user can’t finish install a certain build. And with 14271, it’s the same situation, as users have been reporting that the installation fail at various percentages, such as 75%, 13% and so on.
- Various taskbar bugs have been reported, as well, and there are some who complain about problems with their DVD drawer, IIS Express not working with SSL, USB 3 adapter, Lenovo fingerprint and many others.
- Another widespread issue is the problem with no internet connection since the last update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 14271 build.
- We’ve seen quite a few issues reported with slow boots and other start-up problems.
- The Windows Feedback hub is also filled with a wide range of various issues being reported by users. There have been reports about Flash Player crashes, issues with VPN, issues with the Maps app, broken system tray, issues with Edge, live tiles not working, printscreen not working, garbled clock icon and many others.
Build 14271 is definitely one of the buggiest we’ve seen recently, but it wouldn’t be fair not to mention that it does bring various improvements. As a matter of fact, we’ve spotted four big changes in this build:
- the Release Preview Option has apparently been removed for Windows Insiders, but we hope this is just a temporary bug.
- it’s now possible to scan offline with Windows Defender, a great feature which will definitely make Defender much stronger, along with the recently announced Windows Defender ATP.
- Insiders will now be asked for feedback ‘automatically’, which means you will be buzzed by questions from Microsoft. However, we’ve seen this not to be as annoying as we thought it would be.
- Another big change is that Microsoft has started the simultaneous delivery of Windows 10 builds for Windows 10 and Mobile, which speaks about the unity at Redmond.
All in all, build 14271, along with all its issues, is a step forward for Microsoft in its continuous improvement of Windows 10.
The PDF format is one of the most popular file formats in the world. That’s why it is absolutely essential to have an excellent PDF […]
Even if you live in one of the most developed countries in the world, where everything seems to work perfectly, computer privacy is often under […]
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]