Microsoft continued its fast pace of pushing Windows 10 Preview builds with another release this weekend. Build 14385 for Windows 10 Preview and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview brought a lot of improvements to both operating systems, but it also caused some problems of its own.
As we usually do for every new Windows 10 Preview release, we’re going to tell you about all issues in the new build reported by actual users, so you can know what to expect from the most recent Windows 10 Preview build. Here’s what bothered users in Windows 10 Preview build 14385:
Windows 10 Preview build 14385 reported issues
- As usual, most people encountered problems with installation, facing various errors messages, and reasons for not being able to install the build, or not receiving it at all. Some of the reported issues are error 0x80240fff, error 0x8020000f, and more. Additionally, the new build also failed to install for some Surface Pro 4 users, as well as for some Insiders who tried to install it from a USB flash drive.
- Those who managed to install the latest build without any problems also had some other issues. A few Insiders encountered issues with graphic cards, more precisely with drivers for graphic cards. Users reported problems with both AMD and Intel GPUs on the forums, saying that drivers crashed upon installing the build.
- Another user reported he’s not able to access the Settings app in Windows 10 Preview since build 14379, and build 14385 brought no improvements. Since this issue has been present in last few builds, Microsoft would need to pay attention to it, and fix everything before the Anniversary Update kicks off.
- Some Windows Insiders on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview also reported a few issues caused by the latest build. One insider said on the forums that brightness on his Lumia 1520 doesn’t work properly, as he’s unable to change the level on brightness on his device.
- Another Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview user reported an issue caused by the build, this time related to full memory. Namely, upon installing build 14385, internal memory on this user’s phone is constantly full. Unfortunately, no one had a proper solution for this problem.
That should be all for our report of problems in Windows 10 Preview build 14385. As you can notice by yourself, this build isn’t as nearly troublesome as some previous releases, because besides ‘known issues,’ users reported just a few other problems.
This is surely positive for Microsoft, and for Windows 10 itself, because the Anniversary Update release nears, and Microsoft wants to have as stable major update for the OS, as possible.
In case you encountered some problems we didn’t list in this article, or have a solution for some of these issues, feel free to let us know in the comments.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Many features unavailable on Lumia 1520 running latest Windows 10 Mobile build
- Microsoft loses Windows 10 forced upgrade suit and has to pay $10,000 — will this change its approach?
- Windows phone users can upgrade to Windows 10 for free even after July 29
- Windows 10 Build 14383 causes periodic PC freezes due to drive write failures