Windows 10 Build 14926 fixes Adobe Acrobat Reader and Settings app crashes
Microsoft recently pushed a new Windows 10 Redstone 2 build to Fast Ring Insiders, bringing a series of hot fixes for both PC and Mobile. Build 14926 finally fixes the annoying bugs causing Adobe Acrobat Reader and the Settings app to crash.
Insiders have been plagued by Settings app crashes since Microsoft launched build 14901 in August. According to user reports, after selecting a sub window such as system, the Settings window would just close. Later on, the Settings app crashes occurred only when users would go to Settings > Personalization.
The same build 14901 also triggered many Adobe Reader crashes. These app crashes occurred each and every time users launched Adobe Acrobat Reader, forcing them to install another PDF viewer.
Fortunately, Adobe Acrobat Reader and the Settings app crashes should now be history thanks to the Redstone 2 build 14926:
- “We fixed the issue causing Adobe Acrobat Reader to crash when you try to launch it.
- We fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash when navigating to Settings > Personalization.”
Windows 10 build 14926 also fixes the following bugs:
- Bluescreen issues after plugging/unplugging certain types of Kindles such as the Paperwhite and Voyage.
- Reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider builds. In other words, reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook has been improved.
- The issue where the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar might show full bars when connected to a Wi-Fi network with low signal.
- The issue which prevented the wireless network adapter in Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Xbox Wireless Adapter, and other third-party wireless network adapters from working.
Have you already installed build 14926 on your computer? Tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Redstone 2 will feature a new Wi-Fi setting page
- Here’s a concept of Windows Defender in Windows 10 Redstone 2 update
- How to prepare for Windows 10 Redstone 2 Insider build updates
A number of users have reported encountering this error message A fatal error occurred from Citrix Receiver, on Windows 10. The reasons for this error […]
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]