Windows 10 build 14971 for PC is now available for download
Fast ring Insiders will be happy to learn that Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 10 build to keep you busy over the weekend. Windows 10 PC build 14971 brings a series of new features, as well as a bevy of fixes and improvements.
Microsoft recently pushed build 14965 to Slow ring Insiders, and it was only a matter of time until the company rolled out a brand-new build for Fast ring Insiders. Without further ado, let’s see what’s new in build 14971.
Windows 10 Creators Update will definitely improve the reading experience in Microsoft Edge. You can now read any unprotected e-books in the EPUB file format with Microsoft Edge and also customize your reading experience. You can change the font and text size and choose between 3 themes: light, sepia, and dark. As you read, you can leave bookmarks as well.
As expected, PowerShell is now the defacto command shell from File Explorer, replacing Command Prompt. However, for those who prefer to use Command Prompt, you can go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and turn off the option “Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell”.
Insiders can now get their hands on Get Office, more specifically the Get Office version 2.0. The new app will help you explore and manage your Office experience, and is no longer just a collection of links.
Windows 10 build 14971 fixes and improvements:
- Improved reliability when using the protractor and inking in Sketchpad.
- The desktop wizards (including “map a network drive” and “extract from zip”) are now proportionally sized when moved across monitors.
- Magnifier’s keyboard shortcuts now work on the Lock screen.
- You can now completely remove all the files in the Windows.old folder using Disk Cleanup.
- The new OAuth support for Yahoo Mail accounts improves sync reliability for those accounts, and provide a more secure experience in the Outlook Mail app.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where trying to shut down the PC while certain Device Manager dialog boxes were open would result in the PC being stuck at the “Restarting…” screen.
- Closing multiple tabs with middle click in Microsoft Edge no longer closes the wrong tab.
- The copy link option when right-clicking a hyperlink in Microsoft Edge is now fully functional.
- Microsoft Edge now retains the preferred window size when you close the app by closing the final tab.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge were not being restored.
- Translation improvements for Chinese.
- If you already handed a notification expanded in the Action Center, clicking the chevron to expand a second notification would result in it expanding then immediately closing. This bug is now fixed.
- The preferred Start menu width is now preserved after rebooting.
Have you already installed Windows 10 build 14971 on your computer? Tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows 10 build doesn’t update or hangs
- Fix: Your Insider preview build settings need attention
- Fix: Latest Windows 10 build fails to install due to error 0x8020000f
Even if you live in one of the most developed countries in the world, where everything seems to work perfectly, computer privacy is often under […]
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]