It’s Friday and what better way for Insiders to spend their weekend than testing the latest Windows 10 build? Microsoft recently pushed a new Windows 10 build for both PC and Mobile, bringing us closer the impressive Creators Update OS.
As expected, Windows 10 build 15014 continues the trend set by the previous builds, packing a bevy of new features that will definitely make the OS more interesting. Without further ado, let’s see what you’ll find in build 15014.
Windows 10 PC build 15014
- Windows 10 Creators Update will let you purchase and read e-books. U.S. Insiders can now purchase e-books from the Windows Store and read them in Microsoft Edge.
- Lighter shade for Cortana’s search box : Cortana has a new look, check it out and tell Microsoft if you like the new design.
- Bigger text in notifications for Cortana. Cortana’s voice in notifications and Action Center is now a bit larger and uses the accent color.
- Custom accent color: build 15014 brings a new custom color option to Colors Settings. Use the color picker, select your favorite color, preview it, and try it out. The new custom color picker is also available in Background Settings on the “Solid Color” and “Picture” settings.
- Automatically free up space: Storage Settings now offers a brand-new option that automatically removes the files you don’t need. Unused temporary files and items kept in your recycle bin for 30 days will automatically be deleted.
- Merged Wi-Fi settings in Settings app: Microsoft merged Wi-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services into a single section entitled “Wi-Fi services” under Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- New power slider on select Windows 10 Devices (PC): build 15014 features a new slider in the power flyout on the Taskbar. The slider does not actually set new power or performance configurations. It’s just the UI now.
Windows 10 Mobile build 15014
- Windows 10 Mobile users will soon be able to purchase e-books from the Windows Store and read them in Microsoft Edge.
- Merged Wi-Fi settings in Settings app: Wi-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services can now be found under a new “Wi-Fi services” option.
Build 15014 also brings many fixes and improvements for both PC and Mobile. For more information about the latest bug fixes, check out Microsoft’s official build post.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: