Windows 10 build 15046 fails to install, rolls back to previous build
Ask any Windows Insider and they’ll tell you that the biggest problem of Windows 10 Preview builds are installation fails and update issues. As we move on to the latest Preview build 15046, installation issues remain as numerous Insiders are reporting they’re unable to install the new build.
This time, it goes even further: the new build doesn’t just fail to install but attempting to install it also causes some systems to roll back to previous builds.
Here’s what some Insiders say on the forums:
- I have reboot my computer many times tried all the fixes for problems that I have seen none of then have helped my problem of the update going to 54% jump to 71% and maybe 73% rebooting and rolling back to 15031. I have tried to update a least 10 times all the same result
- Same here, goes up to 35%, reboots and back to 15031. As of this morning ( Feb. 28) after many tries, update (15042) goes to restart, doesn’t update, just reboots the computer and shows “update and restart”. And over again…
This is the major issue on the Microsoft forums right now and even Microsoft acknowledged it. However, the company has yet to come forth with a confirmed solution. However, some Insiders suggest that clearing the Windows Update cache, along with some regular installation errors-fixing workarounds, solves the problem.
Since this can be complicated to some users, we recommend you running the WUReset script, which basically does all the fixing for you and includes clearing the Windows Update cache, resettings update-related services, and more. To find out more about the script and how to use it, check out this article.
In case Microsoft comes out with a confirmed solution, we’re going to let you know about it.
What are your experiences with build 15046? Have you encountered any installation issues? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft’s Creators Update allows smartphones to unlock Windows devices
- Windows 10 now accounts for 57% of business PCs across western Europe
- Redstone 3 is almost ready, recent Windows 10 build removes watermark
- Latest Windows 10 Mobile build prevents users from installing speech packs and adding payment methods
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 mention spotted on the Insider platform
Error 0xca00a000 is a Windows Update error that arises for some users. The full error message states: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for […]
From billing and data management to keeping track of inventory, finance and business tasks, Microsoft Excel is one handy program. The fact that Excel application is […]