Windows 10 build 15060 issues: Installation fails, controller problems, and more
Microsoft released the new build 15060 for Windows 10 Preview yesterday. The main purpose of the build is to polish the system a bit and address some of its known issues.
However, as it turns out, the new build doesn’t make the life of every Insider easier. Besides known issues that Microsoft originally listed in the build announcement blog post, there are a couple of problems reported by actual users that are equally annoying.
So, in case you haven’t installed the new build yet, keep reading this article to find out what you can expect from the new Preview build.
Windows 10 Preview build 15060 reported issues
Before we move on to reports, we have to say that most of these issues aren’t caused by build 15060 itself. They actually occurred in previous releases, but Insiders keep reporting them so we can sort them in the “Windows 10 Preview build issues” category.
Here’s what’s (still) bothering users in build 15060:
- “My test pc has build 15058 and it hangs on initializing updates and I wondering if since the update thinks it is a permanent build and there is no reason to update. My laptop which had a expiring build updated perfectly to build 15060.
- “Still having the issue where using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth causes major stuttering in games. Plugging in the controller via USB fixes the stuttering.”
- “Maps (version 5.1611.10447.0) are still broken in this build. It shows much less objects than current version on production Windows 10 build (14393.953). House numbers and public transport stations are completely missing.”
As the release date for the Creators Update approaches, Microsoft has changed its strategy for releasing new builds. So, we will see new builds more frequently, which will contribute to a reduction of issues reported.
In case you’ve encountered some problem we didn’t list in this article, let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- “Some Updates Were Cancelled” error blocks Windows 10 PC build install [FIX]
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 fail to update to new builds: How to fix this
- Microsoft brings support for Playable Ads to Windows 10
- Security update KB4014329 addresses vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player
USB flash drives (pen drives, flash sticks) almost completely moved disks out of the picture. They are fast, you can write anything you want whenever […]
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]