Microsoft just announced Windows 10 Build 17627 (RS5) for Skip Ahead Insiders and below you’ll see what it brings. The build is not quite packed with any new features but it does come with a few bug fixes and enhancements, so it’s definitely worth checking out.
Here are all the novelties included in this latest build and its known issues as well.
General changes, fixes and improvements
- The issue where if users tried to open a file that is available only online from OneDrive and that has not been previously downloaded to their computer, the machine could bug check has been fixed.
- The problem that resulted in the Emoji Panel not working on the latest two flights has also been resolved.
- After a process in Task Manager gets suspended or after it has suspended child processes, users will now be able to see an icon that indicates as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
These are all the new features/fixes that you will be able to enjoy in Windows 10 Build 17627 (RS5) for Skip Ahead Insiders.
Known issues and workarounds
Here are the known problems linked to the latest Windows 10 build and a workaround:
- When users open Settings and click on any links to the Microsoft Store or the links in tips, Settings will unfortunately crash. This problem also seems to include the links to get new themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store as well. To make it even worse, the issue also includes the link to Windows Defender.
- When user open .html or .pdf files from their local systems, Microsoft Edge seems to fail in rendering the loaded content if the browser was not already running it before opening the file. Thankfully, you can work around the problem by opening the file again without closing Microsoft Edge.
- When resuming from sleep, the desktop may be visible for a few moments before the Lock screen displays normally.
These are all the known issues related to Windows 10 Build 17627 (RS5) for Skip Ahead Insiders and a workaround to one of them. You can check out the official release note on Microsoft’s official blog.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 build 17618 bugs that you should be aware of before install
- Windows 10 build 17115 issues: Download fails and apps disappear
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.