Windows 10 build 17650 brings two new features and a few bug fixes
Microsoft just rolled out a new Windows 10 build for Insiders who opted to Skip Ahead just to keep them busy over the weekend. Windows 10 build 17650 is not a feature-rich release, as it introduces only two new features. The list of fixes and improvements is not that long either but includes a very useful fix for the annoying Settings app crashes that many Insiders complained about.
Build 17650 brings a Fluent Design refresh to the Windows Defender Security Center. Microsoft also adjusted the spacing and padding around the app. Windows 10 will now dynamically adjust the size the categories on the main page.
The second new feature that this build release brings focuses again on Windows Defender. Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) processes are now supported by the Windows Defender Firewall.
Windows 10 build 17650 bug fixes
Since the aim of the Windows Insider program is to identify and fix technical issues affecting the OS, here’s what this build brings new in terms of fixes:
- The issue where File Explorer would always open with the ribbon minimized has been fixed.
- Elements on the main page of the Windows Defender Security Center app should no longer change size on mouse hover.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where the remove option for non-default languages was greyed out in Settings.
- Microsoft addressed the bug where the Color Filters and High Contrast icons were switched in Settings.
- Clicking links in Settings to launch other apps no longer results in Settings crashing.
- Insiders will no longer experience Settings crashing when navigating to Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by App.
For more information about the complete changelog as well the known bugs affecting this build, check out Microsoft’s blog post.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Stuck on older Windows 10 Insider builds? Fix incoming
- Fix: Get Started Button is Grey for Windows 10 Insider Builds
- BSOD errors delayed the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update
Selected boot image did not authenticate error message is linked with updates, upgrades and driver updates and likely common on HP computers. Note that this […]
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]
The Error loading player: No playable sources found message signals a problem that happened while an online video was loading on your browser. Shortly, when this […]