The Coalition, the company behind Gears of War 4 recently published a list with all the issues currently impacting gamers. Windows Insiders running the latest Redstone 2 build should avoid installing the game until the next build is released in order to avoid possible gameplay issues.
Of course, if you really want to get your hands on this impressive game, you don’t need to wait until the next build version is rolled out. You can also roll back to the previous build. Windows 10 build 14936 has UWP game issues and you won’t be able to fully enjoy Gears of War 4 if you install the game on a computer running this build version.
Thanks to this piece of news, we now know that the upcoming Windows 10 build will definitely fix the UWP game compatibility issue. Since the Coalition already confirmed the next Redstone 2 build will fix UWP game issues, this means that Microsoft also informed the game developer that the fix is almost ready.
Insider Build 14936 of Windows has a known issue with UWP games. If you wish to play Gears of War 4 you will need to temporarily roll back until the next Insider Build is released.
Speaking of build 14936, other known issues include:
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to “Turn Windows features on or off”, scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- Tencent apps and games will cause BSOD issues.
- Running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt will fail at 20% with the error “could not perform the requested operation.”
For more information about Gears of War 4, you can check out the game’s official page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Gears of War 4: Loot Crate Limited Edition brings exclusive collectibles, apparel and more
- Latest Windows 10 build brings native support for USB Audio 2.0