Windows 10 Creators update is confirmed to roll out in April
As of a few days ago, we were uncertain of the actual release date for Microsoft’s Windows 10 Creators Update. The only vague timeline we were aware of was “early 2017“, which was officially declared by Microsoft on October 2016 in an event held at New York City.
The update was originally intended to be released in March. But the final version number 1704 suggested the April 2017 timeline for the Creators Update official roll out. Note that the first two digits of the OS version number are intended to specify the year of its release, while the last two refer to the month.
The Creators Update, codenamed Redstone 2, is said to have a very peculiar feature set. Though the full changelog is yet to be revealed by Microsoft after finalization of features and several bug fixes.
Features of Windows 10 Creators Update:
Key improvements in the Creators Update will include:
- An overhauled interface for sharing content
- 3D versions of the MS Paint and Powerpoint app
- My People feature and app folders on the PC Start menu
- A new and improved Edge browser, including blocking Flash content by default
- Accessibility features, like support for braille
- Latest upgraded tools for management and security tools for IT professionals
- A dedicated Windows 10 game mode
But the biggest one and the ‘star of the show’ is undoubtedly the introduction of the Windows Holographic user interface for Windows 10 VR headsets. The full feature set will be locked in by middle of or late January. Though several finishing touches will remain in process till the official release.
Microsoft has coherently focused on maximizing c’s creativity with the update. Moreover, the update is to be rolled out in waves rather than being pushed out on a global spectrum for general availability. That being said, Windows 10 users will still have the option to manually download the update as soon as it goes live.
Related Stories you should read:
- Windows 10 build 14962 could be the first Creators Update build release
- Windows 10 Creators Update declares war on Facebook
- Users’ lack of interest for Windows 10 Creators Update is worrying
A number of users have reported encountering this error message A fatal error occurred from Citrix Receiver, on Windows 10. The reasons for this error […]
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]