Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3140768 Improves Bluetooth and Fixes Security Issues
Microsoft released several updates recently and Windows 10 was one of them. The first update came for Windows 10 Mobile, the second is for Windows 10 and it is all about the improvements than anything else.
The software giant released cumulative update KB3140768 to computer systems powered by OS Build 10240.16725, and after, users will be updated to OS Build 10586.164. To get the new update, computer users must bear In mind that they must be running a version of Windows 10 that is outside of the Insider program.
For those who are wondering, the new update should improve support for Bluetooth and Bluetooth devices. If you’re a wearable buff, then your piece of tech should now work without much issues.
Outside of the improvements, Microsoft has fixed security problems that target Edge, and also an issue where Xbox users were finding it difficult to login go an Xbox console.
Here are all the key improvements:
- Improved support for Bluetooth, wearables, and apps accessing contacts.
- Improved reliability in app installation and Narrator.
- Improved performance for hibernation, content entry in apps, and downloading and installing updates.
- Fixed issue that didn’t allow login to an Xbox from a PC running Windows 10.
- Fixed security issue created when attempting to play corrupted content.
- Fixed security issue that could allow remote code execution while viewing a PDF in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed additional issues with .NET Framework, Internet Explorer 11, and networking.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, USB storage driver, kernel mode drivers, .NET Framework, graphic fonts, OLE, secondary logon, PDF library, and Adobe Flash Player.
We’re not sure when Microsoft will release the next KB update, but we doubt the software giant will wait around for too long based on the rate of movement.
Windows 10 is slowly coming into its own, and as such, we expect things to be a lot better going forward. Go ahead and visit the official page on Microsoft’s site to learn more about it.
Many users reported the Content file locked Steam error while trying to update certain games. This error simply means that Steam can’t write the files […]
The error message 0xC0000188 is a Windows-specific error, which is commonly encountered on modern Windows versions, notably Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. It […]