Microsoft just pushed out a new build of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to Fast Ring Insiders that brings the OS to version 16199.
Update for the My People app
Insiders are already able to download and install the latest build as it’s currently on Windows Update, with its coolest being the update for the My People app. The application now displays a user’s three favorite contacts straight on the Windows Taskbar for easier contact and sharing.
Build 16199 for Windows 10 come with two changes that affect the My People app:
- The first revolves around the number of your unread messages on the icon. Now, you will be notified that there are some unread messages waiting for you.
- The second change makes sharing much easier. You’ll be able to share files with your contacts by dragging and dropping files on their icons in the Windows taskbar.
Get emojis with or without animation straight on the Windows desktop
This new feature brings emojis to the desktop and whenever one of your pinned contacts sends you an emoji, it will be displayed on your screen. You’ll find the feature enabled by default in the build.
How to disable the new feature
Everything seems pretty cool until you’re flooded with emojis. At that point, things might not look so funny anymore. Since the feature comes enabled by default in the latest build, we’ll let you know how to turn it off in case you’re not impressed.
- Right-click theWindows taskbar.
- Select Taskbar Settings from the opened menu.
- Scroll down until you see the People section of the opened page.
- Remove the checkmark from Show Shoulder Taps and Play a sound when a shoulder Tap arrives.
The feature will only be active if you add at least one contact to the taskbar. You can also disable the My People taskbar button if you don’t like it at all.
Check out more details about what the Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16199 for PC brings along on Window’s blog page.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: