- Microsoft just released the August Patch Tuesday updates for anyone still using Windows 10.
- This includes cumulative updates for Windows 10 versions 1507 to v1803 which we will be covering below.
- Patch Tuesday updates are quite important, that is why we have a dedicated Patch Tuesday page.
- If you like knowing the latest tech info, visit our website's News page.
Microsoft just made the August Patch Tuesday Updates widely available, offering several tweaks and fixes to Windows 10, both newer and older versions.
However, not all major versions of Windows 10 are the same, so neither are their associated cumulative updates. To that extent, some stand out more than others.
Such would be the case with the cumulative updates for all Windows 10 versions that have reached the end of mainstream support.
- KB4571709 for Windows 10 v1803
- KB4571741 for Windows 10 v1709
- KB4571689 for Windows 10 v1703
- KB4571694 for Windows 10 v1607
- KB4571692 for Windows 10 v1507
According to Microsoft, all end-of-service versions of Windows 10 have the following improvements attributed to them:
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge IE mode that occurs when you open multiple documents from a SharePoint site.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge IE mode that occurs when you browse using anchor links.
- Addresses an issue with loading Browser Helper Objects in Microsoft Edge IE mode.
Edge itself is being constantly updated and changed, and while the newer versions of Windows 10 can keep up with the new requirements, the same cannot be said about the others.
It should be noted that most of these issues can be easily avoided anyway if you simply avoid using Microsoft Edge’s IE mode, and simply use it in it’s newer form.
This pretty much sums it up with KB1234567890, but you should come back later to read about newer developments as they unfold. Since these updates have barely hit live, it may take a while before enough users gather to find other issues.
Remember that Patch Tuesday updates are more important than you average updates, so getting them as soon as possible is a must.
Do you want to see a complete list of changes for all cumulative updates? Then check out this guide, since it also comes with direct download links.
We also have a comprehensive changelog where we have info on all cumulative updates for all versions of Windows 10 ever since it first appeared.
Is there anything else you want to know about this update? Let us know by leaving us a message in the comments section below.