Microsoft introduced a lot of options to keep your children safe from unwanted content in Windows 10. But even after the first major update for the system, Family Safety feature in Windows 10 remained same as on the release. And now, Microsoft finally decided to update this feature, with some additional security options.
Windows 10 Family Safety Now Has New Features
Check out the list of new features and changes that Microsoft brought to Windows 10’s Family Safety feature:
- Kids who want more time on their Windows 10 PC can now be given extensions, via email or on Microsoft’s website, in 15 min, 1-hour, 2-hour, or 8-hour increments
- Kids under 8 years of age will automatically have the safer settings turned on as their default. Parents can turn on the safe setting manually for kids 8 years of age or older.
- Web browsing limits and web browsing activity reporting will now be used just on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers.
The good thing about this update is that it allows your security settings to be applied to multiple devices. Which means that if you’re logged into the same Microsoft account on your Windows 10 Mobile device and PC, changes made on one device will be applied to the other, as well.
- Recent activity to see their activity from Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 mobile devices. When this is turned on, we display reminders to the child that their activity is reported to adults in their family.
- Web browsing limits to automatically block adult content in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. You can also allow or block individual sites.
- Apps, games & media limits according to their age and content ratings. You can also allow or block individual apps and games.
- Find your child lets you find your child’s device on a map when they are using a Windows 10 Mobile phone. When this is turned on, we show reminders on the phone that their location is available to adults in their family.
You can find all details about this update, as well as the details about all other introduced changes on Microsoft’s official page.