Game consoles powered by Android are present on the market for some time now. These devices are mainly manufactured by Asian companies, that have various creative ideas about mixing the unmixable. But what do you think about a gaming console powered by Windows 10?
Chinese console company GPD apparently thinks Windows 10 gaming consoles are a great idea, and the flexibility of the system certainly makes this idea achievable. GPD recently reached for fans’ opinion at Dragoonity forums, and feedback turned out to be mainly positive, which will certainly encourage this company to make a Windows 10 gaming console, even more.
Possible GDP’s console features
The console’s main purpose is, of course, gaming, and GPD’s console seems to satisfy the needs for a stable, bug-free gaming on Windows 10. Here’s the complete list of the preliminary specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8500 / Z8550 quad-core Cherry Trail processor
- System Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash (It could change to 32 or 128GB however) + micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Display – 5.5″ capacitive touch screen; 1280×720 resolution; Corning Gorilla Glass 3; In-Cell technology.
- Video Output- micro HDMI
- Audio Output – micro HDMI + 3.5mm headset jack
- Connectivity – WiFi and Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port, 1x USB 3.0 host
- Battery – 6000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, good for 6 to 8 hours of online games.
Here’s the earliest 3D rendered design of GDP’s console:
The console will reportedly come with Windows 10 Home (the free version for sub-10-inch devices), but the possibility for Android dual-boot is also an option. Remember that the console is still in the earliest development phase, so if the company really decides to turn the idea into the product, we will surely have a lot more info about the device.
What do you think about Windows 10-powered gaming console? Would you buy one? Tell us in the comments.