We just shared with you some problems affecting Windows 10 users who have downloaded the most recent build 10565, and today we’re talking about some other issues. Microsoft has released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 and it seems that KB3097617 is causing plenty of trouble.
Back in the beginning of this month we reported the annoying issues that were brought by the Windows 10 KB3093266 update and now we’re doing the same thing with the KB3097617 update client.
This update is part of Microsoft’s cumulative update for Windows 10 and it includes functionality improvements and resolves the vulnerabilities in Windows that are described in the following Microsoft security bulletins and advisory:
- KB3096447 MS15-111: Security Update for Windows Kernel to address elevation of privilege
- KB3096443 MS15-109: Security update for Windows Shell to address remote code execution
- KB3096448 MS15-107: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge
- KB3096441 MS15-106: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- KB3097966 Microsoft security advisory: Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing
KB3097617 update file brings problems for Windows 10 users
However, as it’s almost the case, besides bringing plenty of useful fixes and squashing bugs, this update also causes some problems, as well. We have selected a few, but if you have more, do leave your comment below and let us know what’s the problem that you have. For now, here’s what we found.
- KB3097617 update fails to install – The update is just not installing, after asking for a restart windows update .. initializes goes till 30% Then pc restarts and from 30, goes till 54% and restarts again this time it says We Could Not complete undoing changes and updates 2- 3 Team pc restarts again saying undoing changes and finally pc starts. Also, the following message is usually received – “There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800705b4)”
- Problems with login, mouse cursor, Ccleaner, the Outlook calendar and Mail out of sync, Edge freezes – i mostly have to login twice and the mouse cursor from the type cover keeps getting stuck up near the right hand corner of the screen , my outlook calendar and mail are out of sync and Edge freezes up, also the start menu gets rearranged and Onedrive cant recognize some of my recipe files!! Oh and ccleaner cant get past %24.
- Start menu – After installing KB3097617, can’t open the Start Menu, I try click the windows logo and press the keyboard button.
Some Norton users have been complaining that they can’t login into their antivirus and others said that the keyboard shortcut Win+Home stopped working after the KB3097617 update was downloaded and installed. What about you, how have you been affected by this? Leave your input below and let’s talk on this matter.