Update KB3147458 for Windows 10 v1511 brings system improvements and bug fixes
Microsoft just released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511. The update is dubbed KB3147458, and it is available to all regular users who are running Windows 10 with Threshold 2 installed on.
The update changes the build number of Windows 10 to 10586.218, matching the build number of the latest Windows 10 Mobile version. Besides KB3147458 update for Windows 10 1511, Microsoft also today released the new cumulative update KB3147461 for the initial version of Windows 10 (July 2015 release).
Since this is a cumulative update, if you missed the previous one, you’ll get all of its features with this release. You should already have this update installed on your computer by now, but if it didn’t automatically install, just go to Settings > Update & security and check for updates.
Cumulative update KB3147461 features
This is a common cumulative update, as it contains some bug fixes and improvements. However, the update doesn’t bring any new features to the system.
Here’s the complete changelog of the cumulative update KB3147458:
- “Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework, wireless LAN, Microsoft Edge, Windows Update, logon, Bluetooth, network connectivity, map apps, video playback, Cortana, USB, Windows Explorer, and Narrator.
- Fixed issue with connectivity of USB devices until OS restart.
- Improved discoverability of printers when a device resumes from sleep.
- Fixed issues with lock screen.
- Support for visual voicemail on dual SIM phones.
- Fixed issue with audio playback using Groove music and other music apps on a phone.
- Fixed issue with revised daylight savings time.
- Fixed additional issues with shutdown delays, Narrator, Cortana, roaming data usage, buying apps in the Store, video playback, facial recognition, Bluetooth pairing, Microsoft Edge, logon, Internet Explorer 11, Live Tile updates, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Installer (MSI).
- Improved security for CSRSS to address security feature bypass.
- Fixed additional security issues with Security Account Manager Remote Protocol, HTTP.sys, secondary logon, Microsoft Graphics component, .NET Framework, CSRSS, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.”
In case you encountered any problems upon installing the update, please let us know in the comments, and we’ll write a report about them, and try to find a proper solution.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s how Windows Unlock will work in Windows 10
- Plenty of Windows 10 build 14316 issues being reported by Insiders
- Microsoft attempting to lure businesses to upgrade to Windows 10
- Microsoft claims Edge is its most secure browser with no zero-day exploits so far
Microsoft released their Q4 earnings an it’s all good news. The giant registered amazing growth on all departments, increasing its share price by one third. […]
Microsoft released the latest 1908 Xbox One system update for the members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring. Along with it also comes the […]