Microsoft released the new cumulative update KB3197356 for Windows 10 version 1607. This is just a regular cumulative update, which fixes a few known bugs in the system, caused by some of the previous cumulative updates for Windows 10.
The update is available to all users of Windows 10 version 1607 via Windows Update. As far as we know, users shouldn’t have any issues receiving or installing the update. However, installation fails are common for any kind of Windows 10 updates. Installation files can be an annoying problem for users, because they usually block Windows 10 from installing new updates.
In case you’ve encountered similar problems while installing KB3197356, we have a solution for this issue. In fact, there are a couple of methods for resolving instillation fails in Windows 10. You can reset Windows Update, use a third party program, but perhaps the best possible option is to simply download and install the update manually.
So, if you’re having troubles installing cumulative update KB3197356, just go ahead and download it manually. You can download cumulative update KB3197356 for Windows 10 version 1607 from these links:
- Windows 10 version 1607 cumulative update KB3197356 x64
- Windows 10 version 1607 cumulative update KB3197356 x32
Once you’ve downloaded the update file, just launch the installer, and the update will be automatically installed on your computer. That way, you’ll free up the Windows Update feature for receiving further updates. And since this month’s Patch Tuesday is on the way, you’re going to need this feature working.
In case you have any questions, or maybe you’ve encountered some other problems after installing cumulative update KB3197356, just let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 KB3194496 fix script is now available
- Download now Windows 10 Redstone 2 ISO files
- 10 best tools to recover your Windows license key
- Windows Store game download issues force users to cancel orders
- KB2952664, KB2976978 to bring back Windows 10 upgrade invitations?
- Windows 7 KB3193414 breaks Microsoft Security Essentials