Maps for Windows 10 will soon let you set multiple stops
If you’ve been using Maps for Windows 10, you will soon be able to set multiple stops with the app, thanks to a new update from Microsoft. The updated app, now bumped up to version 5.1703.707.0, is currently available to Insiders on the Slow Ring, however. It is unclear, at the moment, when all Windows 10 users would receive the feature, though it is expected to arrive soon.
Jen Gentleman of the Insider team announced the new feature on Twitter. With the new feature, you will be able to access multiple stops by clicking the + button on the directions pane and set a new stop. Also, you can press the “add destination” button to create a new stop through a right click on the Maps. When you completed that step, the multi-stop route will then appear on the app. Additionally, you can click on individual sections or view all directions at once.
The new feature also supports voice direction. As a quick recap, Windows Maps includes the following features:
- Get driving, walking, and transit directions.
- See multiple searches together on one map, including addresses, businesses, restaurants, hotels, and local attractions.
- Add notes, drawings, and annotations to your road-view map with Windows Ink.
- Choose alternate routes to avoid things like traffic, tolls, or transfers in driving and transit directions.
- Hear turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation on GPS-enabled devices.
- When you arrive, let Maps help you remember where you parked your car.
- Pin your home, work, or other favorite places to Start for one-tap guided directions from anywhere.
- Download maps to use them even without the Internet.
- See your favorites, collections, and search history across all your Windows PCs and phones.
- Explore the world in 3D with detailed imagery of more than 200 cities and landmarks.
- See 360° panoramas of a place with Streetside views.
- See current traffic, cameras, and incidents on the map and plan your trip accordingly.
- See airport gates, shops, and more in indoor venue maps.
- Get detailed business info like phone numbers, directions, addresses, business hours, and reviews.
- Print and share step-by-step driving and walking directions.
- Note: Some features may not be available on all devices and in all countries or regions.
While the feature is long overdue, it is still good to see the multi-stop route planning hit Maps for Windows 10. If you’re not in the Slow ring, however, the feature should arrive for all users before too long.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Maps to become available for Xbox
- Maps for Windows 10 gets better navigation, multiple searches, and more
- Windows Maps now lets users submit corrections for inaccurate maps
It’s a beehive of activities with shoppers making several runs to get their favorite supplies for the Christmas celebration. In case you are confused and […]
There have been instances of errors cropping up when trying to open help in Windows 10. The same might also be reminiscent of Windows 8 […]