Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 Improves Bluetooth, Edge, Power Management & Windows Update
Microsoft just released the new Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile Preview. The update changes the build number to 10586.71, and is for now available only for the users on the Fast ring.
The new update will bring various improvements and enhancements to the system, as well as some bug fixes. Users on the Fast ring who didn’t download the Insider Fast Configuration Update (which was released on Friday) yet, will also get the update along with the new build.
The Insider Fast Configuration Update will update all expiring licenses of your device, so you’ll be able to receive future updates normally.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586.71 Improvements and Features
Here’s the complete changelog of the Windows 10 Mobile Preview build 10586.71:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to all ready paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
As always, Microsoft encourages users to submit the feedback based on their experience with the new build. So, if you have any particular request, make sure to let Microsoft know about it. Also, if you your Windows 10 Mobile device is eligible for receiving firmware updates, you can now download them, as well.
If you still didn’t notice the update, go to Settings, and check for updates. Once you download the update, let us know about your impressions, in the comments.
Microsoft is gearing up for the next big Windows 10 build update in spring 2019. The software giant has just announced Windows 10 Insider Preview […]
Netflix is one of the foremost movie-streaming services that users can utilize within browsers or with its app. However, Netflix also throws out Something went […]
Microsoft rolled out a new series of cumulative updates for three Windows 10 versions: v1709, v1703 and v1607. The updates don’t come with any security fixes this […]