Microsoft just released a new build for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview. The new build is dubbed 14327, and it’s available to Insiders on the Fast Ring. Just like the previous build, this release also brings a few new features which means Microsoft is seriously warming up for the release of Anniversary Update this summer.
The most notable feature that arrived with build 14327 is the brand new “Messaging Everywhere” along with new Cortana languages. Of course, the build also brings some system improvements and bug fixes, as usual. But there are some new problems that might bother users, as well.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14327 features
The highlight of this build is definitely the new Messaging Everywhere feature, which allows you to send text messages from all your Windows 10 devices. While the ability to receive notifications about missed calls and text messages from your Windows 10 Mobile phone on your Windows 10 PC was available before, the Messaging Everywhere feature brings a new dimension to cross-platform compatibility between Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
Cortana on Windows 10 Mobile also received three new languages, including Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil) and French (Canada). Microsoft brought these three languages to Windows 10 PC first and they have finally made their way to Windows 10 Mobile with this release.
[irp posts=”30580″ name=”How to enable Dark Mode in Windows 10″]
Microsoft also released a traditional list of fixes and new problems in the build. You can check them out below:
“What’s fixed for Mobile
We fixed the issue causing Language and Speech packs to fail to download.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases your phone’s screen may not turn on and become unresponsive and Windows Hello stops working if you used the power button to lock/unlock your phone quickly.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases, users might get in a state where neither space or enter are working on the keyboard.
- We fixed the issue causing Facebook Messenger and other apps like WeChat, Transfer My Data, and UC Browser from failing to launch from Start or All apps.
- We fixed an issue where diverse emoji couldn’t be deleted from the text box in an interactive notification.
- We have updated the autocorrection logic so that if you have a word that’s about to be autocorrected, tapping the word you just typed will now stop the autocorrection from happening.
- We have updated the Glance screen so it will now reflect Ease of Access text scaling.
- We fixed an issue where tethering over Bluetooth wouldn’t work if Bluetooth had never been turned on before.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t set a sample image as a lock screen background.
Known issues for Mobile
- UPDATE: We are investigating issues with downloading Language and Speech packs being reported by Windows Insiders.
- Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only even with language packs installed.
- We’re investigating a crash with the Camera app when going into your camera roll.
- There is an issue in which you may see duplicate apps under All apps showing as pending despite being installed and usable on your phone. You may also see some apps stuck in the Store. To get out of this state, just start and pause a download in the Store and then choose to “resume all” downloads.
- You may see square boxes in certain apps when using some of the new emoji – we’re still getting support for the new emoji added throughout the systems, this will be resolved in a future build.
- There is a bug we’re investigating that prevents some apps such as Tweetium from launching.
- We’re investigating issues which cause mobile data to stop working but show as connected.
- Glance on/off setting is not respected after updating to a new build. After updating, you can reset this setting to what you had before.”
If you are a part of Windows 10 Mobile Insider program, go to Settings > Updates & security and check for updates to install this build. If you already installed the build, tell us your impressions about it in the comments below!