Microsoft working to solve a series of hot issues by the next Windows 10 Mobile Build
The Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14342 brought a handful of improvements — 19 to be exact — eliminating annoying issues users had complained about. Since not every build is complete, there are still some issues Microsoft is working on fixing to hopefully roll out the necessary fixes with the next build.
The official list of known issues for Mobile includes:
- Your Windows 10 phone reboots from installing the latest build, and the Windows logo freezes on the screen. Microsoft assured users that despite this bug, the build is still working in the background. The best solution is to be patient, plug your phone in and let it charge, while waiting for the build to fully install. You should perform a forced reboot if nothing happens after 40 to 60 minutes. For the detailed solution, check out our fix article.
- Users have reported data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM. The issue is more frequent on last two Mobile builds.
- Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only, even with language packs installed.
- Microsoft has reduced the number of instances where boxes are seen when entering emojis. However, users may still see them in some text fields.
- The Settings app crashes when you are re-arranging Quick Actions under Settings > System > Notification & actions. Until this bug is fixed, you should avoid changing your Quick Action settings on this build. If you have been impacted by this issue, the only solution to bring your Quick Action settings back to default is to perform a hard reset.
Apart from these issues, Insiders have reported other bugs Microsoft did not include on its official list of known issues:
- The Camera app timer bug does not allows users to take continuous pictures
- Random reboots are still present, although less frequently compared to the previous build
- Battery drains faster after installing build 14342. If you do not want to be caught off guard, set Cortana to announce when you battery is low
- Not all Cortana notifications are delivered
Have you noticed other issues apart from the ones listed above? If so, do share your experience in the comment section below and use the Feedback Hub to send your feedback to Microsoft.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Annoying 0x80070002 error gets fixed in Mobile Build 14342
- Windows 10 Preview build 14342 causes many problems for Insiders
- Windows 10 Outlook Mail app gets crashing, syncing fixes
- Swipe navigation returns in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This post brings you a compilation of the best debugging software for Windows. So, if you own a Windows PC, and you are in need […]
Real shocking news circulating these days is that some most frequently used and authentic Password Managers such as 1Password, KeePass, LastPass, RoboForm and Dashlane for […]
Microsoft announced a bunch of cumulative updates for various versions of Windows 10. The updates were rolled out to all the Windows 10 Enterprise editions version 1607 […]