Microsoft launched a range of notification changes for the latest Windows Insiders build of Windows 10 20H1.
Insiders in the Fast Ring can try these features by downloading the latest preview build 18932 launched by Windows.
However, not all the improvements will be seen at once in the preview builds. This is because Microsoft tends to release its updates in stages.
Major notification changes in Windows 10
• Inline option to disable notification for specific apps, or go to the notification settings of the app.
• Addition of images into the app’s notification visualizer for added impact on some settings.
• Mute all notifications from an option placed high-up in the Notifications and Settings.
• Addition of new direct link placed at the top of the Action Center to help manage notifications.
• Ability to sort the list of notifications to find the one to be disabled under “Get notifications from these senders”.
Microsoft states on its blog:
They’re currently available for a portion of Insiders in the Fast ring, and we’ve seen positive results so far. We’ll let you know once they are available for all Insiders.
After the Windows 10 May 2019 update, Windows 10 20H1 is the next major update of Windows 10 which is set to release in 2020.
While the year 2020 will open with this feature update, the Windows 10 version 1909/19H2 won’t be a huge update.
The update will be rather released as a usual cumulative update. This will allow the update to install quickly and without much concerns related to the feature updates.
- Windows 10 Your Phone app brings Android notifications to PC
- You can now choose what Skype contacts to receive notifications from
- Microsoft adds direct KB links in Windows 10 error notifications