Microsoft will launch the Windows 10 Creators Update in just a few days, but this doesn’t mean that Dona Sarkar’s Insider Team have taken any time off: The Redmond giant recently launched the first ever Windows 10 Redstone 3 build.
Windows 10 Build 16170 for PC is now available to Insiders in the Fast Ring. As expected, this build doesn’t bring any important changes or new features.
It is worth mentioning that build 16170, as well as the upcoming Redstone 3 builds, bring more bugs and other issues than usual. As a result, Insiders may have a hard time testing the first Redstone 3 releases.
Let’s see what has been fixed and what’s still broken in build 16170:
Windows 10 Build 16170 fixes:
- Fixed the issue causing your PC to fail to install new builds on reboot with the error 8024a112.
- Updated the share icon in File Explorer (in the Share tab) to match our new share iconography.
- Fixed an issue where Cortana Reminders was displayed as a possible share target when Cortana wasn’t enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Miracast sessions would disconnect a minute or so after the Connect UI was closed if the connection was a first time pairing.
- Fixed a high-DPI issue when “System (Enhanced)” scaling is enabled so as to now correctly display certain applications that use display graphics accelerated contents.
- Turning the night light schedule off in Settings now turns night light off immediately.
Windows 10 Build 16170 known issues for PC
- Narrator will not work on this build. If you require Narrator to work, you should move to the Slow ring.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled.”
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. You can delete the following registry key to get out of this state: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo.
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if an SD memory card is inserted.
- The Action Center may get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismisses multiple. If this happens, try rebooting your device.
Have you installed build 16170 on your computer? Have you encountered any other issues apart from the bugs listed above?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s an interesting Project NEON Mail App design concept for Redstone 3
- Windows Insider Program crosses 10 million-member mark