KB3192441 update for Windows 10 version 1511 available for download
Another Patch Tuesday is here!
During Patch Tuesdays, Microsoft releases a cumulative update for every version of Windows 10. One of the versions that received a new update is Windows 10 version 1511: cumulative update KB3192441 .
Just like every other regular cumulative update, KB3192441 includes some system improvements and bug fixes. New features are not being released as parts of cumulative updates because we have major updates and the Windows Insider program for that.
Cumulative update KB3192441 mainly addresses some known issues in Windows 10’s browsers, Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge. Besides that, the update also fixes potential sign-in errors and printer drivers installation issues.
Here’s the complete changelog of cumulative update KB3192441 for Windows 10 version 1511:
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, kernel mode drivers, downloading apps from the Store, and Windows graphics device interface (GDI).
- Addressed issue causing printer drivers to not install correctly after installing security update KB317005.
- Addressed issue causing sign-in errors if a password is entered incorrectly or a new password doesn’t meet password complexity requirements after installing security update KB3167679.
- Addressed issue that causes Internet Explorer 11 to fail sometimes when using a user-defined style sheet.
- Addressed issue where scrollbar position is reset after display property is set to none in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where a script in a nested frameset may not run correctly in Microsoft Edge.
- Improved support for websites by updating the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list.
- Improved the upload of telemetry and download of telemetry settings in an authenticated proxy environment and support for Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- Addressed additional issues with revised daylight saving time, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, and WebDAV.
- Security updates to kernel-mode drivers, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows registry, and diagnostic hub.
To install this update, just head over to the Settings app > Updates & security and check for updates. Since this is a cumulative update, it also contains all previously released bug fixes and system improvements from past updates.
We remind you that besides KB3192441 , Microsoft also released cumulative updates for other two versions of Windows 10 (1507, and 1607). Windows 10 version 1607 got cumulative update KB3194798 while cumulative update KB3192440 for Windows 10 version 1507.
To find more information about this and all other updates, check Microsoft’s Update History page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft to unveil new Windows 10 features at the end of October
- Groove Music Windows 10 app updated to fix various issues
- Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and Surface 3 updated to fix power issues
- Microsoft solves SFC Scan problem in Windows 10 Preview
- You can now set up to 18 hours of Active hours in Windows 10
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]