There is still some time before Windows 10 Creators Update drops for public consumers worldwide, but we get to check out features from the highly anticipated update through Insider builds Microsoft periodically releases to its Windows Insider program users. The latest Creators Update build to hit the testing platform is Windows 10 15014 and comes with a little makeover in the visual department: A new Microsoft Edge Welcome screen.
Following installation, creating a new profile for the computer will immediately open Microsoft Edge. As Edge opens, you will see a new screen welcoming you to the service. It is comprised of multiple elements that stick out in contrast to the old start page in Microsoft Edge. Let’s go over the elements that are new and pertain to build 15014.
You get a new blue banner that covers the upper part of the page. This was not present in previous builds and really makes the following three elements (which are pictograms coupled with text) stick out.
- The first one says “Make Microsoft Edge yours” and will send you to a link where you can learn about Microsoft Edge and how you can customize it to make it a more personal experience;
- The second one says “Bring your Office with you” and encourages users to buy Microsoft Office 365, something Microsoft has been doing for quite a while through different means;
- The third one says “Sign in with a Microsoft account” and encourages users to create a Microsoft account. This feature is new and pertains to the latest build, with no previous similar feature being available.
It is believed that the release date for Windows 10 Creators Update will be sometime during the month of April, meaning that there is quite some time left before we actually get to check out this feature and all the other features the Windows developer has been preparing for a long time now. Creators Update is the next major update coming to Windows, and many are excited to get the full tour.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update to bring battery life improvements for your laptop
- Windows 10 Creators Update will exclude the Apps Corner feature
- Xbox Live Parental Controls to be improved in Windows 10 Creators Update
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.