Windows 7 KB3197869 is now available for download
Microsoft recently rolled out KB3197869 for Windows 7, offering users a glimpse into the upcoming Monthly Rollup Update expected to be released on December 6.
KB3197869 is actually a Preview of the Monthly Rollup and lets you test in advance the content of the upcoming update. At the same time, this monthly rollup preview is very useful for IT admins, allowing them to better prepare their organizations’ system for the upcoming Patch Tuesday updates.
Update KB3197869 includes all the improvements and fixes brought by the Monthly Rollup KB3197868, released on November 8, as well as its own quality improvements.
Windows 7 KB3197869 key changes:
- Addressed issue where event logging fails to log the IP addresses of incoming Remote Desktop Protocol calls.
- Made updates to support the deprecation of SHA1 server authentication certificates where applications can opt in to the new behavior.
- Updated Belarus’ ISO 4217 code from BYN to BYR.
- Addressed issue with devices that intermittently fail to shut down correctly.
- Addressed issue where external authentications through the Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) Proxy role start failing after renewing the token signing certificate.
You can download KB3197869 from two sources:
- Windows Update
- Microsoft Update Catalog
You can download and install the stand-alone package for this update, via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
As a quick reminder, if you install a language pack after you install KB3197869, you must reinstall this update. To avoid installing KB3197869 twice, you should install the language packs that you need before you install this update.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft rolls out Windows 7 KB3197867 and Monthly Rollup KB3197868
- Windows 7 users rally against the Monthly Update Rollup system
- Microsoft releases cumulative update KB3198585 for Windows 10 version 1507
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]