Microsoft has recently revealed more information about the upcoming Windows 7 Monthly Rollup release. Windows 7 KB4012218 will arrive on April 11 and will bring five important system improvements.
This update will include all the fixes and improvements brought by Monthly Rollup KB4012215 as well as a series of new quality improvements.
Windows 7 Monthly Rollup KB4012218
Here are the specific improvements brought by KB4012218:
- Enabled detection of processor generation and hardware support when PC tries to scan or download updates through Windows Update.
- Simplified listing of Approved Servers in the Point and Print group policies by allowing wildcards in the server name.
- Addressed issue that produces corrupt output when using fread() to read data from a pipe. The runtime will sometimes drop the newlines between lines.
- Addressed issue to update time zone information.
- Addressed issue with the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service process that crashes on the domain controller when making certain Lightweight Directory Access Protocol requests.
How to install the Windows 7 Monthly Rollup KB4012218
You can install KB4012218 through Windows Update. The update is listed as an optional update. Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > check for updates.
You can also download and install the standalone package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website. You need to restart your computer after you apply this update. For more information about KB4012218, you can check out Microsoft’s support page.
Speaking of Windows 7 updates, this month’s Patch Tuesday edition brought two important updates to the OS that addressed a series of severe vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to remotely run code using specially crafted applications and URLs.
Microsoft has also changed its Windows 7 update policy. More specifically, if you own a Windows 7 computer equipped with AMD Ryzen or Kaby Lake CPUs, you won’t be able to install the latest OS updates on your device. Windows 10 is now the only version of Windows that is supported on these processors.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Microsoft Security Essentials Error in Windows 7
- Windows 7,10 KB3178690 causes Excel 2010 to crash, fix incoming
- How to block telemetry in Windows 7 and keep your data private