Windows 7 KB4103718, KB4103712 fix memory leaks and RDP bugs
Windows 7 recently received two new updates (KB4103718, KB4103712) this Patch Tuesday. Both updates actually feature the same bug fixes and improvements, the only difference is that KB4103718 is a cumulative update and includes all the improvements and fixes that were part of update KB4093113.
Both KB4103718 and KB4103712 feature the exact same changelog:
- Addresses an issue that may cause a memory leak on SMB servers after installing KB4056897 or any other recent monthly updates. This leak may occur when the requested path traverses a symbolic link, a mount point, or a directory junction and the registry key is set to 1: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesLanManServerParametersEnableEcp
- Addresses an issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows apps, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, HTML help, and Windows Hyper-V.
The updates are affected by a common bug which triggers stop errors on computers that don’t support Streaming Single Instructions Multiple Data Extensions 2. Microsoft is working on a fix but doesn’t plan to roll it out this month. Most likely, the hotfix will be available on June’s Patch Tuesday.
Apart from this known issue, users have not reported any other bugs. So, it seems that KB4103718 and KB4103712 and stable updates and don’t trigger any severe issues such as system freezes, BSOD errors and other similar problems.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Total number of Windows 7 users drops by 11.42% on Steam
- 100% Fix: VPN is not working on Windows 7 computers
- 10 best Windows 7 photo viewer tools to download in 2018
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]