Windows 8.1 KB3185331 Monthly Update Rollup improves system security
October marks the beginning of the Monthly Update Rollup system for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, which means that users will manage fewer updates, and it will be easier for them to keep their systems updated.
Update KB3185331 is the first Monthly Update Rollup for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012. This update includes improvements and fixes that were shipped earlier by update KB3185279, alongside the security improvements and fixes brought by the latest Windows 8.1 cumulative update KB3192392.
To install the latest updates on your system, you can download either KB3192392, or the Monthly Update Rollup which also includes improvements and fixes from previous updates. It is worth mentioning that if your system automatically approves all the security updates available, both the security update KB192392 and the Security Monthly Quality Rollup KB3185331 will be deployed. You should customize your update settings to make sure that only the desired updates are deployed.
Windows 8.1 KB3185331 Monthly Update Rollup resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows 8.1:
- MS16-101 Security update for Windows authentication methods
- MS16-118 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- MS16-120 Security update for Microsoft graphics component
- MS16-122 Security update for Microsoft video control
- MS16-123 Security update for kernel-mode drivers
- MS16-124 Security update for Windows registry
You can download KB3185331 via Windows Update, the Microsoft Update Catalog website or the Microsoft Download Center.
For more information about the latest KB3185331 Monthly Update Rollup, check out the official Microsoft Support page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- KB3185330 is the first Monthly Update Rollup for Windows 7
- Windows 7 KB3192391 addresses authentication and registry vulnerabilities
- Patch Tuesday KB3182373 fixes Silverlight vulnerability
The GeForce Experience client by Nvidia is all-in-one suite covering everything from the in-game screenshots, live streams, and graphics optimization. Quite a valuable asset for […]
Solid State Drives, commonly known as SSD hard drives, are a form of computer storage that is used today as an alternative to traditional and […]