The Defrag Tools doesn’t have anything to do with the defragmentation of your Windows 8.1 system, but it does come with very important tips for Windows 8 developers and not only them. In a new episode of the Defrag Tools developer show, Andrew Richards, Chad Beeder and Larry Larsen talk about Windows 8.1 SDK and the latest Sysinternals tools, as well as the Debugging Tools for Windows, Windows Performance Toolkit, Application Verifier files from the SDK and the new WinDbg features.
We have already provided you with the download links for the Windows 8.1 SDK as well as guided you through the most important new features but now it’s time to see some real professionals guide you even more into this. To make it easier for you to watch it, here is the timeline of the video:
- [00:00] – The USB Stick “Lightsaber”
- [01:20] – Sysinternals Suite
- [03:13] – Environment Variables and Registry Keys
- [05:48] – Windows 8.1 SDK
- [08:56] – Harvest the files for xcopy use
- [11:20] – ProcDumpExt
- [11:51] – WinDbg – New Symbol messages
- [12:55] – WinDbg – Auto-loads SOS (See Ep. #64 for a demo of SOS downloading)
We’ve previously featured another video from the Defrag Tools show where the hosts have talked about the high DPI support in Windows 8.1.