Windows 8 Red Stripe Deals: Halo Spartan Assault, Note Anytime [#18]
It’s the 18th edition of the weekly Windows 8 Red Strip Deals where we talk about a selection of 6 six Windows 8 titles, usually more games than apps, that are getting price discounts of at least 50%. So, here’s what’s on for this edition.
If you have been following our weekly series of Windows 8 Red Strip Deals from the Windows Store, then you probably noticed that we have changed the format of the title. This has been necessary because the titles were kind of dull, so we’ve decided to include for the future some notable Windows 8 app and game names. So, as you can see, for this week’s discounted Windows 8 apps and games, the most important title from these six is, undoubtedly, Halo: Spartan Assault, one of the best Windows 8 games at the moment.
I hope you haven’t missed the previous roundup where we featured such apps and games as: Readiy Pro, Rayman Jungle Run, Small Experiments, Spectral Souls, Tiny Token Empires and Draw a Stickman: EPIC. This time we’ve also got some good Windows 8 games, but also reliable apps. Here they are:
- Halo: Spartan Assault for [$1.99] – if you are on Windows 8 and have been exploring the Windows Store, then you probably have heard about this popular action game with really good ratings. It comes with more than 1 gigabyte of space and the bad part is that there isn’t a free trial option.
- Where Angels Cry for [$1.99] – it’s already turning into a cliche that the weekly Windows 8 Red Stripe Deals include at least on adventure game, so if you’re into this genre, go ahead and get this discounted one.
- Swingworm for [$1.49] – a physics based game where you control a worm who swings, stretches, smashes and grabs things in his way. The art inside the game is nice and the soundtrack invites you for some fun play time.
- My Media Center for ($2.49) – now this is a really cool app and we’re going to review it shortly; it serves a companion Windows 8 app to the Windows Media Center.
- Note Anytime for [$3.99] – there are plenty of notorious note taking apps in the Windows Store for Windows 8 such as Evernote, OneNote and others, but Note Anytime comes with great looks and some special features of its own.
- Sago Mini Music Box for [$1.49] – described as Windows 8 musical adventure game, this new title is actually suitable for toddlers and really small kids who will absolutely enjoy the music.
Microsoft released a new Windows 10 cumulative update: KB4487181. The big M added three bug fixes aimed at solving frequent issues reported by Insiders. Notably, […]
Cyber criminals are using a new form of ransomware for targeting large businesses and getting money from them. Since August, the Ryuk group ended up […]
Since it was created by Apple, iTunes has changed the way users can organize and play music and videos. iTunes has allowed millions of users […]