Enjoy These New Windows Board Games – ‘Scrabble’ and ‘Risk’
If you ask your grand parents or even your parents how they spent their time and socialized when they were young, many will tell you they used to play Scrabble and Risk. Scrabble and Risk? Do you think these games are too old fashioned? Think again! Now you can play Scrabble and Risk on your modern Windows 8.1 devices.
So long for the myth according to which board games are only for old folks. Microsoft has united the old and the modern and now offers you Scrabble and Risk on Windows 8.1 devices. These classic games can now be played on touch-screen Windows PCs and tablets. Brush up your vocabulary with Scrabble – The Classic Word Game – and conquer all with Risk – the Game of Global Domination.
In Scrabble you have a virtual board and you can place the letters as if you were playing on a real wooden board. The aim is to gain the most points. The advantage is that you can select the difficulty level, so you can play the game even with your seven year old brother.
Here are the features:
- Tactile gameplay. Pick up, rearrange and place letters on just like the board game.
- Watch the board come to life with animations and effects that celebrate player success.
- Multiple new game modes including both competitive and tutor style single player modes.
- Multi-touch support, including player tap-in and Hot Corners for discreet play, allows players to hide their tiles with their hand and rearrange while others play.
- Support for 1-4 players.
- Save and resume for in-progress games.
If, on the other hand, strategy games are your cup of tea, then you should try Risk. Roll your dice and position your troops. Summon your soldiers, get your allies close, start the attack and dominate the whole world.
- Tactile gameplay from browsing cards, rolling dice and moving armies to launching an assault.
- Multiple game modes for 1-4 players, including fast-play modes with customisable win states to classic Global Domination.
- Save and resume in-progress games and your preferred rulesets as House Rules.
- Multi-touch support with ‘tap in’ corners.
A support article recently published by Microsoft says that Windows 10 May 2019 Update may fail to download and install on certain devices. More specifically, […]
Google Chrome is a browser renowned for its speed and reliability. So, it’s a little surprising that some users have stated on forums that Chrome […]
Many EA fans reported There was a problem connecting to EA servers while trying to run certain games. Luckily, most of the time it’s not […]