Windows 10 Creators Update greatly boosts Windows Defender ATP’s performance
Microsoft is going to implement a lot of new features and a lot of changes in the upcoming Creators Update, and many of them have to do with the Windows Defender ATP service. As part of a process that seeks to generate enterprises interest for the changes, Microsoft has posted all the implementations that will come in the Creators Update related to the Windows Defender ATP service.
Microsoft described some of the features coming in the new update
- Attacks at the kernel level as well as in-memory based threats have been a concern that Microsoft felt the need to address and so they did. The new update will bring enhancements to the OS memory and the kernel sensors.
- Microsoft also announced that it would continue to work on the threat library and the service’s ability to detect and intercept new threats. This is a very important addition because it allows Windows Defender ATP to be more resilient and intuitive against newer threats.
- Microsoft is also bringing a new screen to the service interface that basically offers a more perspective view on multiple threats and processes that went into detecting and repelling these threats. By combining multiple elements and information branches into one compact view, Microsoft has been able to provide a useful tool for users.
- The new and improved Windows Defender ATP will allow users and enterprises to swiftly act on the spot whenever a threat arises. This means that the service will allow businesses to either kill or quarantine threat inducing files and even processes. The network and machines connected to the company mainframe can be easily isolated or cleansed through the banning of files.
There is more information about the incoming changes to Windows Defender ATP described in the official blog post that Microsoft has provided recently.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update removes a slew of useful features
- Windows Vista support ends April 11, the day the Creators Update arrives
- Microsoft confirms 1703 version number for Windows 10 Creators Update