Windows Defender gets new Advanced Threat Protection features
Cyber attacks are a continuous source of threat for all consumers, but enterprises have a bit more to fear due to the sensitive information they harbor on digital platforms. In response to this challenge, Microfost has released a new service called Advanced Threat Protection which aims to combat threats. At a network level, the service does not only search and analyze threats, but also gets rid of them and finds solutions for restoring safety to the system.
How Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection work?
This is done by acting on multiple levels: Locally through Windows 10 and its various user specific services and functions as well as through a cloud service. With Advanced Threat Protection, enterprises can safeguard their networks and find quick ways to deal with threats by using the feature’s recommendations. While this feature was already designed to combat attacks at a high level, Microsoft recently announced that it is planning on bringing even more functionality and improvement to the service.
- The ability to customize and use your own detection rules
- The ability to initiate detections in a “time travel” mode which will run all added detections in a time span of 6 months
- Events and alerts from others services into its ATP feature
- Support for ATP on other platforms such as Windows Server
There is even more good news ahead for users of Microsoft and Windows services: The company’s System Center Endpoint Protection service was granted a rating of 100% on zero-day threats as well as email and web threats. When it came to malware detection and prevention, the service scored 98.6%.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection now available to more users
- Microsoft to Bring Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to Windows Insiders
- 5 best DDoS protection software to use
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]