7. IX Web hosting
This hosting provider offers top performance, quality support and great pricing if you’re looking for the best Windows hosting provider for your website.
Started in a living room in 1999, IX Web hosting has grown to provide not only 24/7 all year round tech support, but also top quality core features with different hosting plans such as unlimited web space, bandwidth, domains and data transfer. You can also create and maintain your website whether you’re a pro or novice at web design with the easy click-to-create site builder, one-click blog install, easy file manager, and free site design tutorials and tips.
If you want it done for you, there’s an in-house professional design team to handle it so you can focus on your core business. Its features include a web hosting control panel, 24/7 year round network and service monitoring, high end performance hardware, dedicated support teams, and free redundant network and routing.
If yours is a business website, IX Web hosting offers the Ecommerce feature so you can sell online with a free one-click easy install online store, free selection of easy-install shopping carts and free tutorials.
You also get a dedicated and trained anti-hacking team, 30-day money-back guarantee, and unlimited email accounts, email forwards, mailing lists and auto responders.
At 1&1, you get all the opportunities you need for Windows hosting so as to present your web content successfully. Its features include programming elements such as ASP, ASP.NET, MVC, AJAX, and includes the NetObjects Fusion in all its hosting plans which completes obligatory code blocks and shows syntax errors in your code.
It comes with a website builder to create functional websites by yourself in four simple steps, so you don’t need programming expertise. You can also choose your hosting plan based on personal needs of volume and speed performance, and enjoy using different software with your package of choice.
Other features include domain extensions such as .com, .org, or .net, high standards of cooling, security and power supply of data centers, as well as daily backup of all your data.
You are assured of reliability and stability with 1&1’s georedundancy feature that keeps performance stable, SiteLock feature for comprehensive data protection so your site is always checked for any malware, security breaches or hacking attempts.
Phishing and anti-spam security is also included, plus 24/7 year round support with Windows hosting.
If you want your website hosted in a state of the art data center, HostDime is the best Windows hosting provider you can choose.
Features include a pure SSD and 10 Gbps fiber network so you are assured of fast read or write speeds, private IPs dedicated to your accounts only so you can customize your DNS records and have a private mail server for increased mail reputation, enterprise virtualization for increased scalability, reliability, and customizability, plus site reliability.
Its business platform is pre-secured and fully managed, so your site is protected against any operating system and/or kernel vulnerabilities.
You also get industry leading software, and value added services such as client management software, billing merchant accounts, and other add-on services to run your business and have stellar customer service online.
This hosting provider is touted as the best Windows hosting provider offering full scalability and 24/7 support, as well as a 14-day money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with their service.
Its features include direct access to your web control panel, advanced networking features, KVM virtualization, clever service delivery, quick deployment of your virtual machine in just seconds, pre-configured templates like the cPanel to manage your site easily, simplified management and control.
You can also create your domain zones, edit records directly, schedule automatic backups or make manual ones, save time spent on getting support through a simplified rDNS control system, rescue mode to work in a safe environment in case of file system corruption, and track your use of resources live with alerts to avoid overusing your CPU, memory or network.
Other features include advanced networking on a high speed network built on high end hardware, as well as cloud server locations in multiple premium data centers for better reach and higher connectivity.
What to consider when choosing the best Windows hosting provider
Here are the factors to consider when shopping for the best Windows hosting provider for your website:
- Features: this is important because you want a hosting provider that has all the features you’re looking for based on the needs of your website, and exceeds or goes over to offer much more. Windows hosting plans usually come with many unique features, so depending on what you have in mind, check carefully what features the host is providing. For example, if you want programming features such as ASP.NET, yet the hosting provider only has ASP, then you may not be satisfied with their offer. Shop around and find the one that has everything you need, and some.
- Security: this is very important for any website. A hosting provider should be able to provide security for your website, and the strongest level at that. Since Windows is a target for hackers and cyber crooks, then you need to check if the host provides special, top-level security features that will not compromise your website.
- Responsiveness is another key feature more than price or features, because when there is a problem, you need immediate attention. Therefore, you need to look for a trusted, consistent, hosting provider with a high level of support than the rest, preferably 24/7 365 responsiveness. Check for contact channels such as phone, email addresses, live chats, toll-free numbers and even social media contact pages.
- Technical support and Service reliability: this goes together with service reliability because you need to know your provider has your back. The best Windows hosting provider will not slack on service reliability or tech support because they know that keeps you with them, far beyond their prices or amazing features.
- Hardware and Performance: your Windows hosting provider should have high end hardware to host your website because this will affect your site’s overall performance. Choose the best Windows hosting provider with the latest and advanced processors and SSD storage.
- Clear hosting plans and terms of engagement
- Multiple and reliable backup layers
- Unlimited availability of resources such as RAM, bandwidth, storage, and CPU power
- Easy to use and simple control panel
- Simple data recovery and restoration process
Now that you know the best Windows hosting providers in the market, let us know your favorite pick, or share with us the one you use in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2017 and was revamped and updated in December 2019 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.