Windows Ink in Windows 10 Preview receives many improvements
Just like the previous release, the new Windows 10 Preview build 14361 also brings a handful of improvements for the Windows Ink. Users of touch-capable Windows 10 devices who download the latest build will see some better functioning Ink features as well as the better overall performance of Windows Ink.
Here’s what Windows 10 Preview build 14361 changed for the Windows Ink:
- “The Windows Ink ruler is now long enough to span diagonally across the entire Surface Book display.
- We fixed an issue with the Windows Ink pencil tool, where the line when drawing along the ruler wouldn’t be flush with the ruler as well as an issue resulting in a slight flicker visible in the colored section when opening the Pen, Pencil or Highlighter flyout.
- We have updated the Touch Inking icon in Windows Ink Workspace to be more reminiscent of the Windows Ink Workspace icon.
- We improved the performance of loading the Sketchpad thumbnail in the Windows Ink Workspace flyout from the taskbar.
- Based on Insider feedback, we have made the “clear all” option more discoverable in Sketch Pad as the trash can icon in the menu bar. This was previously accessible as an option under the Erase button.”
Way back at the Build 2016 conference in April, Microsoft promised major updates for Windows Ink, and almost every build since the conference brought something new to it. There’s still a chance that Microsoft will bring one or two new additions in some of the coming Windows 10 Preview builds, but since the release of the Anniversary Update is drawing ever closer, we could easily end up with what we have already with minor improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Mobile build 14361 brings one-handed keyboard to Lumia 640 and 830
- Build 14361 breaks language settings turning English into secondary desktop language
- Build 14361 fails to solve the photo importing issue on Windows 10 PCs
- Glance Screen doesn’t work on Windows 10 Mobile build 14361 for Lumia 950 XL
- Roundup: Windows 10 Preview build 14361 reported issues
Using a VPN on your Windows Server has a lot of advantages for all parties included and it allows users in a small environment access to […]
The Windows 10 Action Center includes Quick Action buttons that provide shortcuts for adjusting settings. For example, users can press the Tablet mode button to […]