Windows 10 Maps now supports Dark Mode
Microsoft just pushed out a new update for its Windows 10 Maps app. The update is, for now, only available for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring and includes a few design and functionality improvements.
Perhaps the biggest highlight of the update is the new Dark Mode. If your system theme is set to dark, the Maps app is going to match it. If you don’t know how to set your system theme to Dark, check out this article.
Another new feature is the introduction of live cameras that show current traffic. Of course, this feature works only where traffic cameras are available.
- “Enjoy dark or light app colors—they now change to match your system settings. If you prefer your apps to be dark rather than light you can now have the Maps app follow your system setting for theme preference or always be light/dark. Plus you can choose to change the map theme too!
- Quickly check traffic for your commute, including live cameras, where available. We have always treated your Home and Work places special and now you can check the traffic to your Home or Work locations at any time. Just tap on Traffic in the app bar and you can see traffic conditions to Home and Work and your most recently viewed traffic cameras so that you can stay on top of the road conditions along your route.”
As we said, the update is currently available only on Windows 10 Preview, but since the commercial version of Windows 10 (version 1607) supports Dark Mode, as well, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Microsoft releases the same update to everyone.
To update your Maps app, just head over to the Store and check for app updates. Or you can download the updated version from this link.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Diarium diary app available for Windows 10 now
- Xbox Play Anywhere is now available: Here’s how to use it
- CCleaner 5.22 adds full support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Skype will soon receive Messaging Everywhere for consumers
- New Plex UWP app for Windows 10 brings Continuum support
Update Orchestrator Service is an essential feature for Windows updates. However, many people encountered a major issue with the service. Users reported high CPU usage […]
In order to design every aspect of a great looking bag or backpack, you will need to be able to design shapes (2D panels). These […]